Sunday, September 14, 2014

Blog Post #2

I went to my mom's cycling race this weekend. It's difficult to identify constant velocity/acceleration by just looking at the cyclists as they speed by, so when we got home, my mom and I looked at her Garmin bike computer, which tracks her distance, time and the relationships between them. In the first half of the 30 kilometer race, her Garmin showed that the time it took her to travel every kilometer was more or less the same, which means she traveled at a constant velocity for 15 miles. In the last 15, she paced herself so that every 5 kilometers, her velocity would increase by a fixed amount (give or take a kilometer/hour). This steady increase in velocity demonstrates that her acceleration, the change in velocity, was constant during the last half of the race.

2 comments:

  1. Your post was very interesting! You chose a less-common example, which was very refreshing. (´⌣`ʃƪ)
    I think it's amazing that your mother was able to actively keep her velocity and acceleration constant according to how she used it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *needed it, not used it, oops! (=´∇`=)

      Delete